- Form 16A is a certificate of Deduction of Tax at source under Section 203 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Form 16A format is available both in .xls and pdf formats and are easily available over the internet.
- Simply stated, Form 16A is to be issued by anyone who deducts tax before giving credits to the receiver.
- The Form 16A format has to be filled in and given to the payee within 2 months from such deduction.
- Form 16 India is the format specified for certificate to be given by every employer to its employees 30th April of each year.
- Form 16 Income tax is like a statement specifying the salaries paid to the individual and the taxes paid by the employer to the government on behalf of the employee.
- If an employer defaults in issuing Form 16 Income Tax, he is liable for a penalty of One Hundred Rupees for every day subject to a maximum of the taxes deducted at source.
- The form 16 download is a onetime exercise and the format can be used for every employee in respect of whom the TDS is being deducted. Form 16 India can be digitally signed by the employer and also issue duplicate ones, if the original is lost.
Form 16 download is available in both .xls and .doc formats to suit the users’ needs.